SEND US YOUR FAVOURITE RECIPE AND BE REWARDED!
E-mail your favourite apple or pear recipe to us at email@example.com. If we love it too, we’ll add it to our collection and include it right here on the site! Please remember to send us your name and address too, because if we feature your recipe, we’ll name it after you PLUS we’ll send you a special Tru-Cape gift to thank you for sharing your recipe with us!
Velma’s Ginger Pear and Yoghurt Tart
- 4 Abate Fetel Pears
- 200g sugar
- 500ml water
- 1 packet tennis biscuits (coconut biscuits)
- 1 packet ginger biscuits
- 175g plain yoghurt
- 250ml whipping cream
- 1 packet yellow instant jelly
- 2 tablespoon butter
- Place the sugar and water in a large pot and bring to the boil
- Peel, slice in half, and core two of the pears
- Once sugar has dissolved, reduce heat to simmer and place peeled pears in the water. Add water if needed to make sure the pears covered by syrup mixture
- Gently simmer for 10-12 min until tender, remove from heat and cool to room temperature. Put left over syrup to one side to cool as well.
- Place the tennis biscuits and ginger biscuits into a blender and blend until fine.
- Add two table spoons of melted butter to biscuit crumb and mix well
- Place the biscuit crumb mix into a greased pie dish, and use a spoon to flatten to form the crust for tart.
- Mash the stewed pears, add yoghurt and 3 tablespoons of syrup mixture, and mix well
- In a separate bowl mix 3/4 of jelly powder with 1/4 cup of warm water mix well and allow to cool
- Whip cream and then add pear and yoghurt and jelly mixtures
- Pour mixture over biscuit crust and place in fridge to set for about 1 hour
- Peel, half, core and slice remaining two pears and place on top of mixture
- mix the remaining 1/4 jelly with 1/4 cup warm water, mix well and then add two ice blocks to help cool mixture quickly and pour over top of tart mixture
- Place in fridge for an hour to set again.
- Serve and enjoy.