SEND US YOUR FAVOURITE RECIPE AND BE REWARDED!
E-mail your favourite apple or pear recipe to us at email@example.com. If we love it too, we’ll add it to our collection and include it right here on the site! Please remember to send us your name and address too, because if we feature your recipe, we’ll name it after you PLUS we’ll send you a special Tru-Cape gift to thank you for sharing your recipe with us!
Seared Fillet On A Pear And Potato Rosti With A Blue Cheese Sauce
For the potato and pear rostis:
- 500 g potatoes, washed
- 1 1/2 cup grated and drained firm peeled Beurre Hardy pears
- 1 teaspoon (5 ml) fresh thyme leaves
- 1/2 cup chopped spring onions
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed or finely grated
- 1 red chilli, finely chopped (optional)
- 100g feta cheese, crumbled (or blue cheese)
- 1 egg, beaten
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon (5 ml) cumin seeds, toasted, crushed in a pestle & mortar
- olive oil for frying
- Boil the potatoes for 5 minutes, then remove from the water and leave to cool
- Grate the potatoes coarsely and pat them dry with kitchen paper. Place them in a bowl with the grated pears, thyme, spring onion, garlic, chilies, feta and beaten eggs. Season with salt and pepper and stir well.
- Heat some olive oil in a small non-stick pan. Place a heap of mixture in the pan and cook it on both sides until golden, flattening the tops with a spatula (press down gently).
- Remove from the pan and drain on absorbent paper.
For the blue cheese sauce:
- 250 ml cream
- 100g blue cheese, crumbled
Place the cheese and cream into a saucepan and heat, stirring often, until cheese melts and the top of the cream is covered in little bubbles. The sauce is ready when it coats the back of a spoon. Watch it closely as it can boil over.
For the fillet:
- 200g beef fillet per person
- salt & ground black pepper
- olive oil
- fresh wild rocket
Cover the fillet with a little olive oil and season with salt and freshly ground black pepper. In a very hot skillet pan sear the meat to the way you like it (preferably medium rare). Remove from the pan and keep warm.
Place the rosti on a plate, top with wild rocket and sliced fillet, drizzle with sauce and serve.