SEND US YOUR FAVOURITE RECIPE AND BE REWARDED!
E-mail your favourite apple or pear recipe to us at email@example.com. If we love it too, we’ll add it to our collection and include it right here on the site! Please remember to send us your name and address too, because if we feature your recipe, we’ll name it after you PLUS we’ll send you a special Tru-Cape gift to thank you for sharing your recipe with us!
Roasted Red Peppers With Apple Cider Vinaigrette
- 5 red peppers
- a handful of slivered almonds
- a handful of fresh basil leaves
- 2 tablespoons (30 ml) cider vinegar
- 6 tablespoons (90 ml) extra virgin olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, finely grated
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- Slice the peppers in 2, remove the white parts and seeds inside and place under a hot grill for 30 minutes, skin side up. When the skins go black, remove from the oven and transfer to a bowl covered with plastic wrap to let them cool down for a few moments – they will “sweat”.
- When cool enough to handle, peel the skins off and slice the flesh into long strips.
- Pour over the vinegar, olive oil, garlic and season generously with salt & pepper. Mix well.
- Sprinkle the almonds on top and serve with fresh basil leaves.