SEND US YOUR FAVOURITE RECIPE AND BE REWARDED!
E-mail your favourite apple or pear recipe to us at email@example.com. If we love it too, we’ll add it to our collection and include it right here on the site! Please remember to send us your name and address too, because if we feature your recipe, we’ll name it after you PLUS we’ll send you a special Tru-Cape gift to thank you for sharing your recipe with us!
Pears Poached In Port
- 6 firm, ripe pears
- juice of a lemon mixed with about 1 liter water
- 2 cups (500 ml) water
- 1 cup (250 ml) port
- 300 ml sugar
- 1 cinnamon stick
- peeled rind of ½ orange
- Peel the pears neatly and place them in a bowl of lemon juice mixed with water (to prevent discoloration).
- Combine 2 cups water with port, sugar, cinnamon stick and orange rind. Bring to a boil, stirring until the sugar dissolves.
- Add the drained pears and simmer until they are just tender.
- Remove from the heat, then cool in the syrup, turning them over every hour until cool. Serve with cream or ice cream. Store covered in the fridge.