SEND US YOUR FAVOURITE RECIPE AND BE REWARDED!
E-mail your favourite apple or pear recipe to us at firstname.lastname@example.org. If we love it too, we’ll add it to our collection and include it right here on the site! Please remember to send us your name and address too, because if we feature your recipe, we’ll name it after you PLUS we’ll send you a special Tru-Cape gift to thank you for sharing your recipe with us!
Try this delicious recipe – for a heavenly midsummer treat!
- 6 ripe pears, thinly sliced
- lemon juice
- 250 ml cake flour
- 200 ml pecans, almonds or hazelnuts, coarsely chopped
- 100 ml light brown sugar
- pinch salt
- 3 ml ground cinnamon
- 3 ml ginger or nutmeg
- 125 g Butro or butter, chilled
- Preheat oven to 180º C.
- Sprinkle pears with lemon juice and combine pears with 15 ml flour in greased 20 x 20 cm baking dish.
- Mix remaining ingredients in a large mixing bowl with two forks or by hand until mixed and crumbly.
- Place over pears and bake for 30 minutes.
- Raise heat to 200º C and bake for further 10 minutes.