SEND US YOUR FAVOURITE RECIPE AND BE REWARDED!
E-mail your favourite apple or pear recipe to us at firstname.lastname@example.org. If we love it too, we’ll add it to our collection and include it right here on the site! Please remember to send us your name and address too, because if we feature your recipe, we’ll name it after you PLUS we’ll send you a special Tru-Cape gift to thank you for sharing your recipe with us!
Honey Pork with Apple and Celery Puree
- 2 apples, peeled & cored, cut into chunks
- 2 tablespoons (30 ml) lemon juice
- 250g celery, peeled and sliced
- 250g potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 2 tablespoons (30 ml) sour cream
- salt & freshly ground pepper
- 1 apple, peeled
- 1 tablespoon (15 ml) brandy
- 2 tablespoons (30 ml) honey
- 4 tablespoons (60 ml) apple juice
- 1 tablespoons (15 ml) fresh thyme leaves
- 2 large or 4 medium pork loin chops
- 1 teaspoon (5 ml) olive oil
- Toss the apple chunks in the lemon juice to reduce browning. Reserve the lemon juice.
- Bring a large pan of salted water to the boil and add the apple chunks, celery and potato. Boil for 10-15 minutes until tender. Drain off the water, then puree in a food processor. Add the sour cream and season well with salt & pepper. Blend well.
- Slice the remaining apple into rings. Toss in the reserved lemon juice.
- Mix together the brandy, honey, apple juice and thyme in a shallow dish. Place the pork chops and the apples rings into the mixture and turn to coat thoroughly. Leave for 5-10 minutes to marinate.
- Heat the oil in a frying pan over high heat. Add the pork, reserving the remaining marinade mixture. Cook for 5-7 minutes each side or until thoroughly cooked and the juices run clear. Remove the pork from the pan and cover with foil to keep warm.
- Add the apple rings to the pan. Cook for 1 minute each side. Remove from the pan and keep warm.
- Add the remaining marinade mixture into the meat juices in the pan, heat and simmer the sauce for 1 minute.
- To serve, place some puree on a plate, top with the pork chop and a generous serving of sauce. Serve with green veg or salad.