SEND US YOUR FAVOURITE RECIPE AND BE REWARDED!
E-mail your favourite apple or pear recipe to us at firstname.lastname@example.org. If we love it too, we’ll add it to our collection and include it right here on the site! Please remember to send us your name and address too, because if we feature your recipe, we’ll name it after you PLUS we’ll send you a special Tru-Cape gift to thank you for sharing your recipe with us!
Fuji Apple Fritters
This dish is best served as a luxury breakfast or brunch.
- 1 cup apple sauce
- 1 cup flour
- 2 teaspoons (10ml) baking powder
- 2 eggs
- a pinch of salt
- 1-2 tablespoons (15-30ml) milk
- vegetable oil for frying
- 200 chevin goats milk cheese
- a handful of pecan nuts
- honey, for drizzling
- Mix the apple sauce, flour, baking powder and salt in a mixing bowl. Add the eggs and add just enough milk for it to be a thick consistency.
- Heat some oil in a large frying pan, preferably non-stick, over medium heat. Drop spoonful of mixture into the pan, then cook until small bubbles form on top. Carefully turn over and cook on the other side until golden.
- When cooked, drain on kitchen paper.
- Cut the goats milk cheese in thin rounds and top each fritter. Top with the nuts and drizzle with honey.