SEND US YOUR FAVOURITE RECIPE AND BE REWARDED!
E-mail your favourite apple or pear recipe to us at firstname.lastname@example.org. If we love it too, we’ll add it to our collection and include it right here on the site! Please remember to send us your name and address too, because if we feature your recipe, we’ll name it after you PLUS we’ll send you a special Tru-Cape gift to thank you for sharing your recipe with us!
Fragrant Pear Pannacotta With A Spicy Red Wine Syrup
3 large ripe forelle pears peeled and diced into small pieces
1 cup fresh cream
10 ml runny honey
10ml castor sugar
10 ml gelatin
10 ml fresh lime juice
- Mix together the caster sugar and gelatin
- Heat the cream and honey very gently, do not boil.
- Slowly stir in the sugar mixture and keep stirring until the gelatin has dissolved.
- Remove from the heat.
- Stir into the cream mixture ¾ of the diced pear and the lime juice.
- Place a little of the remaining pear into the bottom of a martini glass and then gently pour in the cream mixture.
- Set in the fridge till needed.
- This can be made a few hours before you are going to serve it, cover each glass with a little piece of plastic wrap so that the odors from the fridge do not spoil it.
Red Wine Syrup
600 ml (scant 11/2 c) red wine
1 cinnamon stick
1 star anise
- Pour the wine into a saucepan.
- Add the sugar and the spices and stir over moderate heat until the sugar dissolves.
- Increase the heat and bring the wine to the boil. Turn down the heat to low and simmer to the consistency you desire.
- To serve:
- Drizzle panacotta with red wine syrup.