SEND US YOUR FAVOURITE RECIPE AND BE REWARDED!
E-mail your favourite apple or pear recipe to us at firstname.lastname@example.org. If we love it too, we’ll add it to our collection and include it right here on the site! Please remember to send us your name and address too, because if we feature your recipe, we’ll name it after you PLUS we’ll send you a special Tru-Cape gift to thank you for sharing your recipe with us!
Chilled Pear and Courgette Soup
- 6 small/medium courgettes, sliced
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 4 Cheeky ® or Forelle pears, cored, peeled and sliced
- 1 teaspoon (5 ml) lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon (15 ml) crushed aniseed
- 4 teaspoons (20 ml) sugar
- 250 g plain yoghurt
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- blue cheese straws (optional, to serve)
- In a medium size pot over high heat, add courgettes, onions, pears, lemon juice and add water to just cover the ingredients. Add the aniseed and sugar then bring to a boil.
- Turn the heat down and simmer for about 15 minutes until soft but not falling apart.
- Transfer to a blender and process until smooth, adding just enough of the liquid to form a smooth puree. Add the yoghurt, season with salt & pepper and blend well.
- Garnish/serve with a blue cheese straw (optional).