SEND US YOUR FAVOURITE RECIPE AND BE REWARDED!
E-mail your favourite apple or pear recipe to us at email@example.com. If we love it too, we’ll add it to our collection and include it right here on the site! Please remember to send us your name and address too, because if we feature your recipe, we’ll name it after you PLUS we’ll send you a special Tru-Cape gift to thank you for sharing your recipe with us!
Apple, Grape & Pecan Salad With Stilton Cheese
Preparation Time: 10Minutes
- 2 apples
- 200g Stilton cheese
- 100g low fat, soft cheese
- 1 tbsp brandy
- 1 tsp ground nutmeg
- 100g pecan nuts, chopped
- 150g black seedless grapes, halved
- 4 celery sticks, thinly sliced
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- juice of ½ lime
- salt & black pepper
- 200g bag of lettuce leaves
- Melba toast, for serving
- Mix together the cheeses, brandy, nutmeg and half the pecan nuts. Spoon onto a sheet of greaseproof paper and roll into a sausage shape. Place in the fridge until ready to serve.
- Slice the apple and toss in the lime juice. Remove the apple, but keep the lime juice. Mix together the apple, grapes and celery and remaining pecans.
- Make the dressing by mixing the oil and left over lime juice and season with salt and pepper.
- Place a handful of lettuce on six plates, along with a spoonful of the fruit salad. Drizzle with dressing and place a couple of slices of the cheese roll on top. Serve with melba toast.
- Home-made Melba toast: Lightly toast thick slices of white bread, cut off the crusts and slice through the centre. Put the toast, cut-side up under a preheated hot grill and grill until golden brown. Keep watching the toast at this stage since the toast will burn very quickly.