SEND US YOUR FAVOURITE RECIPE AND BE REWARDED!
E-mail your favourite apple or pear recipe to us at firstname.lastname@example.org. If we love it too, we’ll add it to our collection and include it right here on the site! Please remember to send us your name and address too, because if we feature your recipe, we’ll name it after you PLUS we’ll send you a special Tru-Cape gift to thank you for sharing your recipe with us!
Apple Crumble Recipe
- 4 apples (peeled, cored and cut into small chunks)
- 100g raspberries or strawberries
- 1 teaspoon (5 ml) ground cinnamon
- zest and juice of 1 orange
- 100g brown sugar
- 125g butter (cut into cubes)
- 75g cake flour
- 75g white star super maize meal
- 75g rolled oats
- 50g chopped hazel nuts or pecan nuts
- Preheat oven to 180°
- Put apples, raspberries, cinnamon, orange zest and juice, and half of the sugar into a bowl and mix. Divide the mixture between four greased oven proof bowls/ramekins.
- Place the butter, flour and maize meal in a mixing bowl and rub with your fingers until it resembles wet sand. Stir in the remaining sugar, oats, and nuts.
- Sprinkle the crumble mixture over the apple mixture in the four bowls.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes until juice starts to bubble through the crumble topping.
- Serve warm with cream or ice cream.