SEND US YOUR FAVOURITE RECIPE AND BE REWARDED!
E-mail your favourite apple or pear recipe to us at email@example.com. If we love it too, we’ll add it to our collection and include it right here on the site! Please remember to send us your name and address too, because if we feature your recipe, we’ll name it after you PLUS we’ll send you a special Tru-Cape gift to thank you for sharing your recipe with us!
Apple & Cheese In Filo Pastry
Preparation Time: 30 Minutes
Cooking Time: 30 Minutes
- 2 apples, peeled, cored and diced
- 1 tablespoon (15 ml) lemon juice
- 150 g Gruyere cheese, diced or coursely grated
- 16 sheets of ready-made filo pastry, thawed
- 1/2 cup (125 ml butter), melted
- 2 tablespoons (30 ml) tomato chutney
- Preheat the oven to 200°
- Toss the apples in the lemon juice. Drain the excess lemon juice, then place in a bowl with the cheese and mix well.
- Cut the sheets of filo into 16 cm squares. Brush one square with the melted butter and top with another square of pastry at a 90° angle to form a star shape. Brush again with melted butter on top.
- Place 1 tablespoon of the apple filling into the centre of the square and top with half a teaspoon of chutney. Pinch up the pastry to form a pouch (use string to tie together if necessary). Repeat with 14 more sheets of pastry to make 8 parcels.
- Bake in the oven for 30 minutes or until crisp and golden brown. Serve with extra slices of apple and more chutney.