SEND US YOUR FAVOURITE RECIPE AND BE REWARDED!
E-mail your favourite apple or pear recipe to us at email@example.com. If we love it too, we’ll add it to our collection and include it right here on the site! Please remember to send us your name and address too, because if we feature your recipe, we’ll name it after you PLUS we’ll send you a special Tru-Cape gift to thank you for sharing your recipe with us!
Apple and Pork Kebabs with Scented Indian Spices
- olive oil for frying
- 4 large pre-soaked wooden skewers
- 1kg boneless pork neck, cubed (bite size)
- 1 cup (250 ml) plain yoghurt
- 1 tablespoon (15 ml) ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon (5 ml) ground turmeric
- 1 large green chilli, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon (5 ml) ground cumin
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed or finely grated
- 1 tablespoon (15 ml) ginger, finely grated
- 2 tablespoons (30 ml) fresh coriander, chopped
- 1 teaspoon (5 ml) salt
- 2 teaspoons (10 ml) finely grated lemon zest
- 3 large apples, skin on, cubed and rubbed with fresh lemon juice
- Preheat Oven 180°C
- Place the pork in a glass bowl. Add all the remaining ingredients, give it a good stir to coat the pork cubes all over. Cover and marinate for 5 hours in the fridge.
- Thread pork and apple chunks alternatively onto skewer. Heat oil in a non-stick frying pan and fry the kebabs in batches – 2 minutes per side. Pack onto an oven tray and cook for another 5 minutes at 180 C. Remove and let the pork rest before serving.
- Serve on a pile of caraway apple slaw with orange dressing (optional).
© Jenny Morris