SEND US YOUR FAVOURITE RECIPE AND BE REWARDED!
E-mail your favourite apple or pear recipe to us at firstname.lastname@example.org. If we love it too, we’ll add it to our collection and include it right here on the site! Please remember to send us your name and address too, because if we feature your recipe, we’ll name it after you PLUS we’ll send you a special Tru-Cape gift to thank you for sharing your recipe with us!
Apple And Chicken Curry
- 4 chicken breasts, skinned and cubed
- 2 tablespoons (30 ml) plain flour
- 1/2 teaspoon (2,5 ml) salt
- 1/4 teaspoon (1 ml) freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons (30 ml) vegetable oil
- 1 onion, sliced
- 3 tablespoons (45 ml) chunky fruit chutney
- 6 ready to eat dried apricots, halved
- 3 Golden Delicious apples, peeled and diced
- 3 tablespoons (45 ml) medium curry paste (or 3 teaspoons medium curry powder)
- 400 ml can coconut milk
- 1/3 cup (50 g) sultanas
- 1/2 cup (50 g) cashew nuts
- a handful of fresh coriander leaves, to top (optional)
- Place the chicken in a mixing bowl. Add the flour, salt and pepper and toss until covered all over.
- Heat half the oil in a pan and cook the chicken for 10 –12 minutes until golden brown. Remove the chicken from the pan and set aside.
- Heat the remaining oil in the pan and cook the onion for 3-4 minutes until soft. Add the chutney, apricots and half the apple.
- Add the curry paste and coconut milk. Bring to the boil, reduce the heat and simmer for 20 minutes with a lid on.
- Add the remaining apple, sultanas, cashew nuts and the browned chicken and cook for a further 5 minutes or until the chicken is thoroughly cooked and the sauce thick and shiny. Taste and adust seasoning if necessary.
- Serve with rice and/or naan bread and a sprinkling of coriander leaves.