Standard & Policies
Tru-Cape puts pride in ensuring that the fruit that we export and provide to the local market is of the highest quality. To make sure this is the standard we set, all of our apples and pears are subject to certain standards tests, and our facilities are operated in a manner which reflects our standards and policies. Below is a more detailed description of some of the most important standards and policies that we follow.
Occupational Health and Safety
Tru-Cape’s high occupational health and safety standards have ensured our NOSA SHE accreditation, IRCA, and is in full compliance with South African law.
Consumer Health and Environment
Tru-Cape’s farms are all GlobalG.A.P accredited and one of our top priorities is to conserve the remarkable natural biodiversity of the areas in which the orchards are situated. Practices which preserve and encourage biodiversity are being incorporated to ensure that the surrounding Cape Floral Kingdom (the smallest but richest plant kingdom on earth) is protected.
Tru-Cape’s environmental policy includes the following rulings:
- All physical and chemical manipulations taken to improve fruit quality will be done in compliance with the strictest international and national food safety and environmental standards.
- All Tru-Cape fruit must be produced in accordance with recognised Good Agriculture Practices.
- All unnecessary electrical use will be eliminated. Lights and machinery will be switched off when not in use.
- All used paper will be sent for recycling.
- All unsafe materials such as used chemical containers will be sent to a facility that carries a recognised certificate to safely handle or dispose of those substances.